CLEANING DRYER VENTS FROM THE OUTSIDE
Cleaning dryer vents from the outside is just as critical as doing it from the inside. Dryer vent lint gets stuck from the back of the dryer to the outside vent quickly depending on the amount of laundry you do. Dryer lint will clog over time and restricts airflow. The result is clothes take longer to dry and the cost of energy increases due to how much electricity is required.
- Money – less energy to dry clothes
- Electricity – less impact on the environment
Exterior vents will get plugged but even more will dry and crack. Many exterior vents are plastic and with some of the cold winters (and dryer vent operating) temperatures this over time will make the plastic vent (flaps) crack, break or cease up. Its good practise to review yearly and replace (when required) to have proper air flow.
HIRE A PROFESSIONAL
The less expensive way is to do it yourself. This will save money but if your dryer vent exhaust is higher than 10 feet or on the roof you want to hire a professional. Vacu-Man Furnace and Duct Cleaning can assist with cleaning your dryer vent. We can clean your dryer vents from the outside and replace any broken vent covers. This includes sealing the dryer exhaust cover with proper caulking so it doesn’t leak or allow animals.
CLEAN YOUR LINT TRAP
Lint builds up after each use in your clothes dryer and that’s a problem. This is an issue for the dryer duct getting clogged and is a fire hazard. Lint is flammable and all it will take is a static charge to create a fire.
GOOD DRYER VENT CLEANING TIPS
- Clean it every 3 – 6 months if you’re doing a lot of laundry. (every day, or other day)
- 6 months to 1 year – if you’re doing an average load of laundry. (once or twice a month).
- Cleaning the build up in your dryer with a vacuum cleaner or a shop vac is easy and doesn’t require a professional.
- If your laundry room is getting warmer when drying your clothes you may need to have your dryer vent cleaned.
Get a quote today or if you’re concerned about the chance of a dryer fire, please contact Vacu-Man or you can use our quick estimate online.
Vacu-Man provides dryer vent cleaning in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, and now serving Grimsby and St. Catherines.